I hope you are keeping well, I miss you all terribly and cant wait to see you again.
I think when you start out in this industry people think its all “nail varnish and make up” and as a young therapist those things are important. Experimentally following the latest trends, however wrong they maybe for your face shape, skin type etc but as time goes on you realise its so much more than brows and lashes. Some of my ladies I’ve had the fortune to do their Prom make up, Wedding make up and you never know I might get to do their daughters Prom make up too, so not to see you is heart breaking. When I broke my ankle last year I was so touched by the cards and good wishes that I received from you all. We really have had some up and downs over the years but we get through them together.
With all this in mind I thought it time to give you a little update with what I’ve been up to whilst we have been apart and what we are doing to be ready to rock as soon as we are allowed.
I have attended many Zoom meetings, sat in on Webinars and contributed to the general Professional discussion within my industry regarding all aspects of how we can open safely once the Government gives us the go ahead. Before any of this happened we had very high cleanliness, sterilisation and hygiene standards in place, but I have refreshed my Barbicide training and gained their new certification in Covid 19 precautions. Much of our equipment is already disposable single use items yet environmentally sound and sustainably sourced. Any equipment that is not single use is of course sterilised, disinfected and cleaned between clients as standard practice and I have been researching what other items we can bring in to the salon in improve your salon experience even further.
- I have taken and signed up to the Dermalogica 12 step Clean Touch Certification for added guidance on enhanced service safety.
- My professional body BABTAC are talking with government officials to build a strong relationship within salons and spas so that we are all offering safe hygienic treatments and setting the standards that we all need to work by to come back from this.
- Jennifer Young our Oncology brand are lauching new online training which I have enrolled to complete before we return to work.
- We also have a beautiful new Cowrie Shell massage being introduced for when we return, which I am enjoying immensely and I am sure you will too.
- I have completed training with Behind The Mask which is a company set up for hairdressing and beauty salons to help raise awareness and knowledge of domestic abuse and the help that is available locally.
We hope to open our doors again on 6th July. Anyone that had a treatment booked with us whilst we have been closed should by now have been contacted and rescheduled to after this date. Of course this date is still dependant on all the Governments steps being completed on time and the R factor not rising, but fingers crossed.
Closer to the time I will update the news feed and contact you regarding steps that we are taking to keep you safe in salon and what you will need to do to before your arrival and how your journey around the salon will progress.
I miss hearing about your life, your ups and downs, your joys and sorrows.
I miss laughing with you, crying with you and celebrating with you.
I miss sharing in some of the most important occasions in your life.
My industry is so much more than how we make you look, its how we can make you feel and the confidence you can gain and the comfort you can receive.
I miss you and will be waiting to see you again.